Re: Variable pitch text filling

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Variable pitch text filling
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 08:41:30 +0800

> Another idea is to think about using SVG icons for (some?) of this
> information on graphical displays.  I have no idea how viable this is,
> but I'm putting the idea out there (unless someone already did?).  In
> any case, I hope to set aside some time to finish up icons.el over the
> holidays, and once that is done it should be easy to play around with it
> to see if we can come up with something.

Please don't make the MULE status display use SVG icons.  Keeping it
monospace text would work to solve this problem, with less of an effort
needed.

> Yet another idea is to just not display anything in some states.  For
> example, I almost always edit Unicode files with Unix line endings, so I
> would only want an indication if this is *not* the case.

That is not the case at my workplace, where we have to work on files
that are either CR/LF or Unix.  (Not because we use Windows much, but
that's how it is.)

That display is very useful.