Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 09:02:26 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> They are used to produce #ifdef's and other preprocessor directives as
> appropriate for the target platform, see how these are used in Sed
> commands in gnulib.mk.in.
>
> Gnulib changed their style some since the last time those Sed scripts
> where tested.  Where previously they had something like
>
>                 -e 's/@''GNULIB_FCNTL''@/$(GNULIB_FCNTL)/g' \
>
> they now use
>
>                 -e 's/@''GNULIB_FCNTL''@/$(GL_GNULIB_FCNTL)/g' \
>
> So it means that sedlibmk.inp should be amended to use GL_GNULIB_foo
> where previously it used GNULIB_foo.

Thanks, this gets a little further now.

However, it seems to be that etags depends on gnulib regex now, and upon
enabling that module it complains about "langinfo.h" missing, which I
assume isn't in DJGPP.

I can't find any code to generate it in gnulib either.

So I'm confused: what did etags use in Emacs 26, when the MS-DOS build
still certainly worked?

Thanks.