Re: Allowing point to be outside the window?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Allowing point to be outside the window?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 11:57:28 -0500

IIUC the way this new feature is expected to work is that it prevents
"scroll to bring point into view" under some conditions.
I'm not sure exactly what are those conditions, but I'd expect it's
something like:
- point was not moved since last time we redisplayed this buffer.
- the buffer was not modified since last time we redisplayed it.
- window-start was set explicitly.

So it should be easy to provide a "move point to view" with something
like:

    (goto-char (window-start))

-- Stefan