Re: New package: resist!

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: New package: resist!
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 08:09:36 +0000

> Then, if we want concurrent access from multiple sessions
> (which itself requires some level of support for atomic operations) your
> approach of reading and saving a big file becomes unfeasible in
> practice, unless for tiny databases.
It is not doing that. Currently it has LWW semantics for “basic”
kv, and set semantics for “list” kv.

Emacs lock file is slow so kv-* is not doing locking and leave the
responsibility to caller. persistent-value-* does locking.

Writes from other instances is not immediately visible, but I could
make that happen. Not sure if it’s useful though, unless someone
want to (ab)use it as an IPC channel.