Re: Back from 28.0.90 to master

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Back from 28.0.90 to master
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:15:16 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Going back to master I have encountered the "mode-line" surprise. Why is
> the default face for the mode line now variable pitch? It looks ugly to me.
> If there is a vote on this, I'll be definitely '-1'. However, it's nice
> that we had to try it. Thanks for that.

You aren't providing any details about your machine or the fonts used.
It seems to me that the default variable width font in some situations
is not ideal (as in the screenshot Eli provided for his MS-Windows
machine).

Instead of protesting the switch based on that, I'd suggest we improve
the way we pick the font so that we end up with something acceptable (or
even good).