Re: sqlite3

From: tomas
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 08:15:43 +0100

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 04:19:40AM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
> > Yes, but do you want the persistent data interface to be bound to
> > SQLite, or should a separate backed be implemented, if required?
>
> I don't think a separate backend is necessary, but I won't stand in the
> way of somebody implementing it.

But you, of course, would consider it unnecessary (co-) developing an
interface spec to facilitate that.

>                                  (I'm sure somebody has also
> implemented a GIF decoder in Emacs Lisp because they're against using C
> or something.)

I can't help it: the above feels subtly... loaded.

No. Not happy at all about how things are developing here, sorry to say.
I don't question your intentions at all, but every time I've seen "hey,
let's use $PRODUCT" at the start of some development it hasn't turned
out well. I'd venture to say it is an antipattern.

Cheers
-- t