Re: sqlite3

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 16:39:42 +0200

* 2021-12-12 14:10:28+0000, Qiantan Hong wrote:

>> Which is exactly what is being planned. No one has any intention to
>> go over all the data Emacs stores between sessions and convert all of
>> them to sqlite3. We only plan to use that where a data base is large,
>> and thus using plain text there is unwieldy.
>
> I’ve implemented exactly this, and your multisession.el, with a little
> modification, would fit into this plan and functions as a key-value
> store backend.

Or maybe another approach: Use multisession.el as the general front end
interface which could dispatch to different key-value storage
implementations, defined in other files like multisession-sqlite.el,
multisession-ihatesql.el, multisession-postgresql.el etc.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. https://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/