Re: Preloading xwidget.el on xwidget builds?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Preloading xwidget.el on xwidget builds?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 13:10:35 +0800

> We've been trying to move to a different architecture for detecting
> whether Emacs has been built with, and currently has access to, external
> libraries -- `*-available-p'.  It'd be nice if xwidget had that
> function, too.

The problem is `xwidget' isn't really a library, it's a feature that
makes use of many different external libraries.  Ideally, people would
test for the named feature `xwidget-internal', but the amount of people
who refrained from reading the first paragraph of the xwidget node in
the Lisp reference manual is astonishing.

> suggestion -- make `make-xwidget' require widget.el -- is the way to go.

Is calling require okay from C code?  If so, that's what I'll do.

Thanks.