Re: sqlite3

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 07:27:45 +0100

> I think it'd be good to bring that into core, and then write a small
> wrapper library (well, a trivial ORM) for the rest of Emacs to use, so
> that we don't have to write SQL all over the place.  That is:
>
> (setf (persistent-data :namespace "emoji" :key "favorites") emoji--favorites)
>
> I.e., what Emacs needs is a persistent key/value store, and this would
> give us that.

I've now pushed this to the trunk, and, indeed, I'm using the
emoji--recent thing as the test case.

Things should basically work, but more testing would be nice.  And there
may be changes in how stuff is stored, so nobody should rely on the
data yet.  (I don't expect it to change, but just a heads up.)