Re: Incorrect font weight selected

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Incorrect font weight selected
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:27:27 +0200

> From: Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org>
> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 20:47:44 +0100
>
> On Fri, Dec 17 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Emacs by default requests the normal (a.k.a. "regular") weight, so
> > what you see now is the correct expected behavior.  If previously
> > Emacs selected the "medium" weight, that was a subtle bug.
>
> But as you saw, I'm explicitly setting the default face, and that
> includes selecting 'medium as the font weight.

Sorry, maybe I didn't understand your report, chronology-wise.  What
happened before and what happened after the change?  And when did you
add the set-face-attribute call to your init.el file?

> >> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family "Iosevka"
> >>                     :height 140 :weight 'medium)
> >>
> >> If I re-evaluate this _after_ the frame has been created though, the
> >> correct weight is selected.
> >
> > This is the intended behavior, so I don't think there's anything we
> > need to fix here.
>
> Why this call should select a different font when executed during init
> vs. when called interactively?

Now I'm totally confused: what does "interactive" has to do with this?
If you put the same into your init.el, in a
after-make-frame-functions, doesn't it produce the same effect as
invoking it interactively after Emacs started?