Re: Touchscreen support

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Touchscreen support
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 17:38:30 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> We'd need to try to find some scheme that provides equivalence between
> the different abstractions.  I don't understand how could it be too
> hard, since the gestures are very similar, if not identical.
>
> Which higher-level gestures did you intend to support?  The MS-Windows
> classification has this list:
>
>   . zoom
>   . pan

What about being able to change the selection by dragging (not holding
and then dragging) left and right?  That has no equivalent on GTK.

I don't think GTK has a public API for the pan gesture either, even
though it's clearly supported by the built-in widgets.

However, I think your classification is an otherwise reasonable list of
gestures to support; how about we use the code in Lisp for platforms
where low level events are reported (such as PGTK and X-Windows), while
directly sending the high-level events on platforms where those aren't
available?

Thanks.