Re: sqlite3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:32:13 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:30:28 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > All done, looks like we are ready to use this new error symbol.
>
> Thanks; I've adjusted the code...  but Savannah seems to be down, so I
> can't push or pull?  *sigh*

The multi-test-files-busy test is sometimes failing:

  insert-file-contents("c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/emacs-test-
  [...]
  Test multi-test-files-busy condition:
      (file-missing "Opening input file" "No such file or directory"
"c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/emacs-test-0HFBx5-multisession/files/multisession/multisession--sbar.value")

This is because rename-file is not an atomic operation on MS-Windows:
when the target file already exists, we delete it and then rename the
new file.  So there's a small window between the delete and the rename
that the file doesn't exist under its expected name, and the test
fails.

Does multisession.el know that a value file was already created and
was available at some point in the past?  If so, could it perhaps test
the file for existence before re-reading it, and if it doesn't exist,
retry a few times, sleeping for 10 msec between retries?  (Only on
MS-Windows, of course.)  That might solve the problem.