Re: Motif support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:33:18 +0200

> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:05:37 +0100 (CET)
> From: xenodasein@tutanota.de
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, ofv@wanadoo.es, eliz@gnu.org, luangruo@yahoo.com
>
> I seriously suspect that he does this intentionally, to frustrate others
> into giving up.

Please don't assume others here post not in good faith, it's unkind
and unfair.

> If Emacs did it's own drawing, that could be easy to maintain for
> anyone who has done reading in introductory Computer Graphics, and
> be cross-platform.

That is an exaggeration at best.  If you already studied the Emacs
display code, and that is your conclusion, then we are probably
reading two very different codebases, because I think an introductory
CG textbook is way insufficient for implementing anything close to the
Emacs display subsystem.  If you didn't yet study the code, I suggest
you do, and maybe you will then judge what Po Lu says less harshly.