Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:29:36 -0700

Hello,

On Thu 23 Dec 2021 at 02:24PM GMT, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

> Do you know if there are any estimates when Sourcehut is to leave the
> beta phase?  I would guess that it would make sense to bring up the
> topic when that happens (as long as the issues mentioned in this thread
> are still noted by the Sourcehut developers).

It's alpha right now, but they've said [1] that the beta will only be
polish and documentation not features, so it's leaving the alpha that
matters most.

As for that, they said recently [2] that there's only rote work left:

    Our main focus this year has been on implementing our GraphQL API,
    which is now about halfway done. This is the main blocker for the
    SourceHut beta, and we have by now solved most of the unknowns and
    are working our way through the rote work of building out the
    remainder of the services.

[1]  https://sourcehut.org/alpha-details/#goals-for-the-beta-and-beyond
[2]  https://sourcehut.org/blog/2021-11-15-sourcehuts-third-year/

--