RE: [External] : Re: Motif support

From: xenodasein
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Motif support
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 04:17:59 +0100 (CET)

Dec 24, 2021, 05:59 by drew.adams@oracle.com:

>> FWIW, I think it would be highly preferable if Emacs
>> could look and behave the same across all platforms.
>>

> OK, why do you think that would be highly preferable?
>
> Could, or must?  If there were an option that enabled
> that, that would be one thing.  Making that happen as
> the only choice would be something else.
>
> How similar are you aiming for?  And would that be by
> limiting what's possible on some platforms (lowest
> common denominator)?

Damn, I wasn't planning to work on a renderer for Emacs
when I decided get active. :)  It would essentially be a
"Third Way."  Whereas currently there is two, it would be
"Emacs the Terminal", "Emacs the Gedit" and "Emacs the ?"
First runs even without X, second is we are used to.  They
don't necessarily hinder each other.