Re: HTML info

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: HTML info
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:48:55 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  Stefan Monnier
>  <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,  tsdh@gnu.org,  Lars Ingebrigtsen
>  <larsi@gnus.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:34:34 +0200
>
> 1. Intersperse the existing Info-search with such conditionals:
>
>    (if info-html-minor
>        (search-forward "<div class="contents">")
>      (search-forward "\n\^_\nIndirect:"))
>
> 2. Add more hooks to every Info top command,
>    so Info-html-mode could register own handlers:
>
>    (add-hook 'Info-search-function 'Info-html-search)
>
> 3. Completely duplicate all top Info commands in a new package
>    info-html.el.

I think a new package would be cleaner.  It can always borrow ideas
and even code from info*.el, as appropriate.

In addition, I suggest to look at the Javascript code developed by
Texinfo, to maybe reuse some ideas and look-and-feel.  There's no need
for Emacs to depart from what's there where commonality makes sense.