Re: why is "q" bound to `delete-window' instead of `quit-window' in epa-

From: Steingold
Subject: Re: why is "q" bound to `delete-window' instead of `quit-window' in epa-info-mode?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:06:59 -0500

> * LdBeth <naqchxr@sbkznvy.pbz> [2021-12-24 10:15:02 +0800]:
>
> It is probably for security reasons, epa-info-mode is for displaying
> decrypted texts, so basically one shouldn't leak that info to the
> others by quit-window and leave the buffer containing sensitively
> information to the others. Although I understand that it might be
> unnecessary to those have sole access to their computer, and neither
> delete-window is safe proof to more advance attacks.

Thank you.
In that case, wouldn't `delete-buffer' be a better choice?
(`delete-window' makes the buffer re-appear after the next
`split-window', which is inconvenient)

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2022
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com