Re: Multimedia dashboard in GNU Emacs

From: Aiko Kyle
Subject: Re: Multimedia dashboard in GNU Emacs
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 21:18:59 -0700

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 8:29 PM Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's not really practical with GTK+, but it's possible.

Doesn't this have to do more with syncronizing two DOMs though? There
isn't much gtk state attached to webkit webviews that would need to be
shared. Fundamentally the emacs window/buffer paradigm doesn't fit
with the browser DOM/webview paradigm. This again goes back to my
opinion that enforcing a one-to-one correspondence between a webkit
xwidget window and buffer is the better UI paradigm for meshing the
two than the offscreen rendering technique.

BTW do you regularly use xwidget webkits in your daily emacs use? I'm
curious as to what your workflow/use case with them might look like?
Understanding that might help me to better understand your opinion on
why the osr technique results in a better UI in this case.