Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 11:22:34 +0800

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> I think copy and pasting code would be more straightforward. Using
> custom, whether by defining a custom theme or directly using customize
> are more complicated. Plus I don’t know how to use custom for key
> bindings.

I didn't mean keys, just normal options.

Not using custom means the user will be asked mysterious questions when
he tries to customize the option later, and the customization might not
work.

> Yes. I can add that.

Thanks.

> As I said, if the package seems to be “official”, I can name it
> yuan’s-setup-wizard instead. And I have no intention to come up with
> an official setup wizard and make everyone agree on the provided
> options. Those are my recommendation, not Emacs’. (Maybe I can add
> some text that make it clear that the recommendations are personal.)
>
> I really want to add ivy because personally I can’t use Emacs
> comfortably without a “modern” completion package, be it ivy, helm,
> selectrum, or whatever.

BTW, does anyone know if is there a particular reason Ivy isn't part of
Emacs yet?  It seems a worthwhile choice for inclusion.

> They are automatically replaced by text if Emacs can’t display them.

Not if my font (Symbola) exists but doesn't really display them well.

Thanks.