Re: Scroll bars on macOS builds

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Scroll bars on macOS builds
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 19:41:38 +0100 (CET)

> Il 02/01/2022 15:20 Alan Third ha scritto:
>

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 10:58:51PM +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> > It seems I do not see the scroll bars on macOS builds even if in my
> > init.el I have (for a long time)
> >
> > (horizontal-scroll-bar-mode 1)
> >
> > also the vertical bar is absent and with buffers with a lot of lines
> > the only way to know in which "position" one is along the buffer is
> > to read the indication on the mode line, xy%.
>
> It looks fine here. Do you see the scroll bars if you run "emacs -Q"?

No, see Emacs-Q.png in the tarball. I started Emacs with

cd /MyApps/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS
./Emacs -Q

The other image (Emacs-Dock.png) in the tarball refers to Emacs started from
the Dock.

Emacs was built this morning from master
(01615b24da97bdb5cc4eaec5792da8238dab9942). See my OP for configure options
used. My build script creates a tarbal with the Emacs.app folder which I then
install in /MyApps. As I wrote the OS is 10.13.6.

I think I had scroll bars in previous builds. For this reason I had put

(horizontal-scroll-bar-mode 1)

in my init.el. But, now, I have lost the tarball for old build and I cannot
check them.