Re: [nongnu] main 791bf67d0a: * elpa-packages (visual-fill-column): New

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [nongnu] main 791bf67d0a: * elpa-packages (visual-fill-column): New package
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 11:33:09 -0500

> Why was the package added to NonGNU ELPA?  We were coordinating to add
> the package to GNU ELPA:
>
> https://github.com/joostkremers/visual-fill-column/issues/52

Oops, that's my bad.  I didn't think to check the open issues, as they
are rarely useful.  I'll make it a habit to do that.

What do we prefer to do now?  I'm more than happy to remove the package,
of course.  The alternative is to just keep it there until it is ready
for GNU ELPA, and users will seamlessly upgrade to the new archive.