Re: NonGNU ELPA work

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA work
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 22:09:19 -0500

  > AFAIU, the main problem is not whether or not to ask the developers
  > these questions -- we always do, and you can see evidence to that on
  > this list almost every day.  The problem is to record those email
  > discussions in some place (which is obviously not someone's private
  > email archive, but a publicly-accessible record), and be sure to keep
  > those records in more-or-less perfect order, so that they could be
  > found and inspected many moons after the discussions happened.

I agree, recording this in a conveniently searchable way is essential.

Here's a simple idea: make a new mailing list just for this, put on it
the maintainers and the people who work on importing packages to
NonGNU ELPA, and have it keep a private archive.  We can cc all such
discussions to the list, or forward the crucial messages to the list
after the discussion is finished.

This is not the ideal way to record the data, but I think it is good enough.
And it doesn't require much work to implement.