Re: "Can't find Hunspell dictionary" error (was Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.9

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: "Can't find Hunspell dictionary" error (was Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.91 is out)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:05:56 +1300

On 2022-01-14 03:42, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
    >> Using `with-demoted-errors' would achieve both goals, I think?

    Eli> Using that where? in the test suite?

Yes, for this one specific test. Although Iʼd prefer `ignore-errors',

Fine with me.

I agree with `ignore-errors' for the test suite.

My `with-⁠demoted-⁠errors' suggestion was actually regarding
`ispell-⁠valid-⁠dictionary-⁠list' or `ispell-⁠set-⁠spellchecker-⁠params'
as I wouldn't expect an absence of dictionaries to cause those
functions (or at least the former) to fail.

I haven't looked at them in detail, but my gut feeling was that
`ispell-⁠valid-⁠dictionary-⁠list' should be returning an empty list
in that scenario.  I thought that if a warning message was logged
along the way to point out that no dictionaries were installed,
that would seem fine (and preferable to an error).

Maybe not a change for 28.1, but potentially for master?

-Phil