Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:50:23 +0100

16 jan. 2022 kl. 16.04 skrev Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>:

> Yes.  I've now done a few more realistic non-micro benchmarks --
> (eww-open-file "/tmp/foo.html") -- and I see no measurable performance
> impact there at all.

The time to run Relint on the Emacs tree is up about 3.0 ± 0.2 %. A lot of it
is spent in reading files and in the regexp engine, neither of which use `eq`
much.
It erases some (but not all) of the progress being made elsewhere.

Micro-benchmarking code using `eq` a lot shows an overhead of about 50 %.