Re: [ELPA] Submitting new package Org-remark

From: Noboru Ota
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Submitting new package Org-remark
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 10:37:52 +0100

> [ BTW, your package didn't build yet because of:

>     ======== Building tarball
>     archive-devel/org-remark-0.2.0.0.20220129.95541.tar...  Problem
>     with copyright notices: Missing copyright notice in
>     org-remark/demo/custom-pens.el Build error for

Thank you, Stefan.

I see.  I assumed `.elpaignore` would also get applied to copyright check
function, but I just learned that it is not the case.

I have a feeling that `elpa-admin.el' could have a patch so that it
would also use `.elpaignore' to filter out `.el' files to check copyright
assignment?  Function `elpaa--copyright-files' looks at `:ignored-files'
spec but not `.elpaignore' like function `elpaa--make-one-tarball-1'
does.

> Any chance you'd be interested in improving `describe-package`?

Interested, yes.  I will need some time to get round to it (I have another
request from you regarding `text-clone'; I have not forgotten about it).

If the time is not an issue, I will see what I can do.  I have a big
life event coming in October this year and my mind is already being
consumed by it (Org-remark is last project hanging off from the last year).  Of
course, others can jump in and do what is suggested.

Thanks again.
Noboru