Re: master 1555453694: Implement `alpha-background' on non-Cairo builds

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: master 1555453694: Implement `alpha-background' on non-Cairo builds
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 04:46:44 +0000

On Tue, Feb 01 2022, Jose A Ortega Ruiz wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 01 2022, Po Lu wrote:

[...]

>> Perhaps there's some toggle in Picom you can use to allow windows to be
>> transparent.  I'm not sure about that, since I don't use Picom.
>
> xmonad and picom show transparent windows, with the same
> configuration. exwm and picom also obeys alpha.  same thing with
> compton.  so i'm pretty sure it's an exwm problem, not a picom/compton
> one.  thanks anyway!

let me add that i just tried with emacs compiled with lucid and there
alpha-background works well with exwm and picom, so it seems only the
no-toolkit variant is affected (or maybe something was fixed today, i
haven't tried it back since yesterday).  so all is mostly well, thanks!

jao
--
It is a truism of escape plans that the problem with going anywhere is
that you take yourself with you -- Emma Brockes