Re: master 1555453694: Implement `alpha-background' on non-Cairo builds

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: master 1555453694: Implement `alpha-background' on non-Cairo builds
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 02:55:52 +0000

> On Wed, Feb 02 2022, Jose A Ortega Ruiz wrote:
>
> i forgot to add that, when built with no-toolkit and without any alpha
> or alpha-background spec, there's another new problem with exwm.  exwm
> has a "system tray" where it puts applets like nm-applet.  before the
> last changes to support alpha-background in non-gtk builds, exwm's
> system tray had been working for me flawlessly.  now it doesn't work at
> all (the icons don't show up in the tray area, and new, empty buffers
> are created instead).
>
> when compiling with the lucid toolkit there's no such problem, and tray
> icons in exwm still work well.

and yet another experiment: exwm's system tray is also broken when
compiling --with-x-toolkit=gtk.  maybe lucid is the only survivor
because alpha-background-related code changes left its code unmodified?

cheers,
jao
--
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you
live near him. -J.R.R. Tolkien, novelist and philologist (1892-1973)