Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 18:18:05 +0000

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>

> @Corwin: Do you also have wright access to ftp.gnu.org for the upcoming
> release?
>
> Is it really worth the burden to build snapshots of the release
> branch-28, when there are pretests out?

I wouldn't. It risks confusing things (especially if the snapshots get
behind the pretest!).

I used to build snapshots master branch and sometimes the release
branch before the pre-tests. Occasionally, I used to build other
branchs as well (the pdumper branch was the main one). You might be able
to get stats from the website logs to see whether this was worth while
or not! I would guess "when there is a new feature" is probably as good
as a regular release.

Phil