Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 17:07:40 -0600

.TL;DR I suspect I'm not cleaning up some work product or other; wild
guess is the .git folder structure is included.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 10:41 AM Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > https://corwin.bru.st/emacs-28/snapshots/NATIVE_FULL_AOT
>
> 443MB for the src.zip ? How do you get that from a source tree which
> (according to my measurements) is less than 200MB uncompressed?
> Does it include the dependencies?

It shouldn't.  But I create the source archive only after the build
and packaging were successful. Between, I use (only):

  git -fdx

In any case, I haven't looked into this before.  Thanks for mentioning
it.  I'll see if I can figure out what's getting in there that I don't
find in a "fresh checkout" from/of the emacs-28 branch. Probably
within a day or two.

Aside from whatever cruft removal is immediately needed, I think my
process could fairly easily be made to "notice" when file-sizes jump
around heroically. I have something now that interrupts the flow of
packaging in case I may be missing files that are part of a set
usually uploaded together.