Re: [ELPA] package proposal: fannypack.el

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [ELPA] package proposal: fannypack.el
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 08:04:46 +0100

>>> "TT" == Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> writes:

>     Very interesting, but that is GIT only? No change for mercurial?
>     Because this is a feature I miss very much.

> I didn't get to that yet, but I will add it! Would hg bookmarks be
> sufficient, or should i use both branch and bookmarks? I'm sure vc
> exposes what I want, so I will look into it :)

Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't use bookmarks, only named branches (this is why I use mercurial
and not git 😉).

On the other there is a new feature called topics which is the ideal
combination of mercurial named branches and well git branches (you can
delete them but each change set/commit gets a tag when active).

This however is still not in core mercurial but you need the evolve
extension enabled.