Re: How to search on emacs-devel?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: How to search on emacs-devel?
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 11:49:15 -0800

>> An nnpublic-inbox backend for Gnus would be nice, at some point.
>
> Even better:

Interesting!

> - A bidirectional IMAP <-> Git gateway.

But this bit would live on a server someplace, not locally?

> - an nngit backend (not just read-only).

And this bit would I guess need to be a wrapper around a different nn*
backend, since git would only be the transport, the messages themselves
might be stored as mbox or maildir or something.

This would also compete for the "nngit" name with the
non-existent-yet-historically-inevitable backend that presents a
news-like interface to the branches and commits in a git repository.