Re: [ELPA] Add 'logos' package

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Add 'logos' package
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:16:57 +0000

Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com> writes:

> [ Sorry!  Forgot to include emacs-devel. ]

You should be able to edit and resend a message if that happens.

>> [ Read below ]
>>
>>> PS: More seriously, I wonder why you named it "logos" which to me
>>>     doesn't suggest much more than "language", which would seem to be
>>>     only distantly related to focusing on "a page at a time" display.
>>
>> I thought it relates to "language" since it might help with reading,
>> writing, presenting/talking, reasoning (another meaning of "logos").
>> Also because I could not think of a better name...
>>
>> Besides, silliness is my speciality when coming up with backronyms:
>>
>>     1. ^L Only Generates Ostensible Slides
>>     2. Logos Optionally Garners Outline Sections
>>
>> I understand "logos" does not help with discoverability.  If there is a
>> more appropriate and succinct name I am willing to update things
>> accordingly.

I kind of agree with Stefan's point, though in my case the first meaning
that came to mind was "reason"[0].  As the package is useful, it would
be a shame for people not to miss is because of the name.

Intuitively, I would say it should make a reference towards narrowing
and page/section navigation.  Maybe also that it is useful for
presenting?  I can't come up with a good name right now either.

[0] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CE%BB%CF%8C%CE%B3%CE%BF%CF%82#Ancient_Greek

--
        Philip Kaludercic