Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 18:08:09 +0100

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> Oh, this is bug#34517 and bug#49931.  So we need to finish fixing this now.

Ah -- I've also seen that weird behaviour sometimes, but never pinned
down why it's happening.

I think clicking something in *Completions* should select that, and
ignore what the user has (probably accidentally) typed into the
minibuffer after TAB-ing.  (Perhaps with a user option?)

>> Perhaps it should also highlight the current choice in the
>> *Completions* buffer?  It moves point in the buffer, but that's a
>> too-subtle hint, I think.
>
> Ergus already added completions-highlight-mode
> in the feature/completions-customs branch.
> But maybe it could enabled by default?

Or perhaps `M-<up>' etc should enable it?