Re: feature/completions-customs 10cb469ee8: Rename completion-header-str

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: feature/completions-customs 10cb469ee8: Rename completion-header-string to completion-header-format
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 23:54:19 +0100

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 06:19:46PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
-@vindex completion-header-string
-The variable @code{completion-header-string} is a string to control
-the message shown before completions.  It may contain a ``%s'' to show
-the total number of completions.  If nil no completions are shown.
-Text properties may be added to change the appearance, some useful
-ones are @code{face} or @code{cursor-intangible} (@pxref{Special
-Properties,,Properties with Special Meanings, elisp, The Emacs Lisp
-Reference Manual}).
+@vindex completion-header-format
+The variable @code{completion-header-format} is a formatted string to
+control the message shown before completions.  It may contain a ``%s''
+to show the total number of completions.  If nil no completion header
+is shown.  Text properties may be added to change the appearance, some
+useful ones are @code{face} or @code{cursor-intangible}
+(@pxref{Special Properties,,Properties with Special Meanings, elisp,
+The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual}).

I think "shown before completions" needs to be made more precise.
I think you need to say that this is about the content of the completion
list buffer or something like that.

       Stefan

Thanks Stefan.

 I just fixed it a little bit, check if it is better now and feel free
to change it as you consider.

Best,
Ergus