Re: Supported/Bundled CSV support?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Supported/Bundled CSV support?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 07:05:20 -0700

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

A couple more thoughts around why we may want built-in CSV support:

1. Over the last few years, emacs has incorporated built-in support for:

A. xml --- libxml
B. json --- libjs
C. We're now talking sqlite

Not having CSV builtin feels like ignoring what is in plain-sight.

I think having built-in CSV support that abstracts away the various
details of parsing the various CSV variants will allow the emacs Dev
community to focus on user solutions  e.g.:

A. Seamless data import/export
B. Support the processing of larger amounts of data via org-table and the like
C. Json support vastly sped up modules like lsp and eglot; I'd expect
   the same once we cross the chasm with respect to making CSV support
   a built-in detail that elisp developers can take for granted.

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8