Re: master 47dcf72: Fix tooltip text properties showing up in dragged te

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 47dcf72: Fix tooltip text properties showing up in dragged text
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 08:33:42 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> The tooltip display in the echo area also doesn't follow the mouse, so
> it doesn't sound to me as if this case is a significant difference.
> Users who have tooltip-use-echo-area non-nil already indicate that
> they "give up" the position of the tool-tip text display on the
> screen, and don't mind to see all the tool-tips in the same place
> regardless of where the mouse is.

I thought the reason for displaying tooltips during mouse dragging was
that it allowed to provide some visual feedback as to what text is being
dragged and where it will end up.

Displaying tooltips in the echo area will naturally give up on the
latter.

But if you insist, I can make the changes conditional on tooltips being
displayed normally (i.e. not in the echo area).

Thanks.