Re: How to stop desktop.lock file creation

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: How to stop desktop.lock file creation
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 23:53:19 +0100 (CET)

> Il 25/03/2022 07:34 Eli Zaretskii  ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 23:33:59 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi
> >
> > It is very annoying that each time I forgot to close Emacs when logout from
> > OS I have to delete that file manually at the next start...
> >
> > Please, let me know what to add to the init.el file to avoid that Emacs
> > creates that file...
>
> Why do you need to delete the desktop lock file?  If you are annoyed

The alternative is to accept to load it or not but why should i play this
game..

> by the question Emacs asks when you invoke it the next time, you can
> simply customize desktop-load-locked-desktop to the value t, then it
> will not ask any questions.

You do not say if Emacs can be configured to avoid its creation, i.e. the
creation of the 'desktop.lock' file..

> If there's some other problem with that lock file, please describe it,
> so we understand what problem you are trying to solve.

I don't like it, I don't see its usefulness in my case, I am the only user of
this PC and the only user of Emacs and I only start it once. Emacs worked the
same before its introduction...