Source Files for (nonGNU) ELPA Packages

From: Jai Vetrivelan
Subject: Source Files for (nonGNU) ELPA Packages
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 10:22:41 +0530

Hello,

I am trying to install third-party packages through my package manager
instead of `package.el'. Sometimes the upstream URL returns 404, so I
fetch the source from ELPA website instead.

Here's an example URL for the subed package on NonGNU ELPA:

       https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/subed-1.0.3.tar

Would this link still work if 1.0.3 is no longer the latest version?  It
looks to me that the older versions are in the .tar.lz format, and I'd
have to change the URL manually incase there is a new version.

Is there a permanent URL for a certain version of a ELPA package,
regardless of it being the latest version?

--
Jai Vetrivelan