Re: How to distribute dynamic modules by themselves?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How to distribute dynamic modules by themselves?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 01:27:42 -0400

  > Only machines that I have access for, in the spirit of “provided
  > as is”. I’m certainly not capable of providing binary modules for
  > all systems Emacs runs on.

This is a moral issue, not just a practical issue.  The purpose of GNU
is _not_ simply to "make life more convenient for some users" and
never mind which ones.  It is to advance the cause of freedom for
users of computing.  We must keep this in mind, to ensure we
don't score a careless own-goal.

Thus, if we decide to distribute prebuilt binaries of some module, we
should make sure to support the main free GNU/Linux distros first.
After that, we could support the main nonfree GNU/Linux distros.

After that, we could support nonGNU systems, if people volunteer
support for them.

Overall, I think this is a lot more trouble than it is worth.