Re: master fbf2ed9a64: ipv6 addresses aren't suspicious

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master fbf2ed9a64: ipv6 addresses aren't suspicious
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 21:36:57 +0800

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>     Po> It doesn't seem to be present on MS-DOS, along with other subprocess
>     Po> related functions.  And FWIW, I don't see a reason for textsec to not
>     Po> work there.
>
> Without subprocess support thereʼs no network support, so what use
> would textsec be?

Isn't textsec for all untrusted text, not just text downloaded from the
internet?  Also, that's not exactly true, since it's possible to run the
DJGPP port of wget inside a subprocess in Emacs.

>     Po> The relevant code should probably be surrounded with (fboundp
>     Po> 'network-lookup-address-info).
>
> Which relevant code?

The code which will use network-lookup-address-info to determine if
something is a valid IPv6 address, presumably.