Re: Remote process attributes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Remote process attributes
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 17:14:32 +0200

chad <yandros@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

>     > We could use a special value of the argument to work around this.
>
>     Hmm, perhaps "C-u -" (aka "M--") would serve?
>
> Since this will usually be invoked interactively, maybe just ask the
> user, something like "Default directory is remote; list remote
> processes?" or "Run proced on remote host matching
> <default-directory>?", with the attendant ask/assume-yes/assume-no
> customization?

Thanks for the proposal. However, since I assume that the majority of
users are still interested in local system processes, this might an
annoyance to them.

So I've added a new user option `proced-show-remote-processes', which
activates the new behavior when non-nil. And also the "C-u -" prefix, as
discussed above.

Pushed to master. Feedback much appreciated!

> ~Chad

Best regards, Michael.