Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:15:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Il 09/04/2022 11:59 Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:31:29 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi
> >
> > Maybe this is obvious but I did not find a solution..
> >
> > Can Emacs visit a set of files listed in a file?
> >
> > For example, I have a text file with
> >
> > /path_to/file1.f90
> > /path_to/file2.txt
> > /path_to/file3.c
> > /path_to/file4.tex
> >
> > How can I visit all those files without doing that manually which could be
> > tedious if the file to be visited are 40-50?
> >
> > It would be useful doing that both from command line and inside Emacs...
>
> Something like
>
>   emacs `cat FILE`
>
> I guess.

Oh, yes but it works on unix-like systems. And on Windows? I assume to run some
command from DOS prompt.. Which command?

If I run the above from MSYS2 shell there is a mismatch with the HOME directory
and consequently where Emacs reads the init file and where it saves the desktop
file..

In any case it would be useful doing that from Emacs itself, something like

M-x visit-from foo.text

where foo.text contains the list of file to be visited (with the full path)..