Re: process-attributes-ps-args / process-attributes-ps-format for Darwin

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: process-attributes-ps-args / process-attributes-ps-format for Darwin
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:46:32 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Filipp,

> Here's the patch for Darwin.

Thanks for this, I've applied it in your name.

> Also I've added a piece of code to automatically set profile for local
> sudo case, so the users on macOS don't see the empty list in Proced by
> default.

Yep. I've adapted it a little bit; there's no need to discriminate for
"sudo" profile and "root" user. The ps command shall behave similar for
everybody on a macOS machine.

> Strangely, ps on macOS doesn't have keyword to output group name, so
> I've omitted it.

Some attributes are also missing for other systems. I believe, the most
important attributes we need are `pid', `comm', and `state'.

> Thanks,
> Filipp

Best regards, Michael.