Re: New optional Eshell module: em-elecslash

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: New optional Eshell module: em-elecslash
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 23:24:21 -0700

On 4/16/2022 11:57 AM, Sean Whitton wrote:
Here is my new module, which I'd like to install on master.

Cool, this looks like it should be really helpful for making Lisp commands and external commands more consistent. This seems similar to an entry in Eshell's "Bug and Ideas" section in the manual too:

  @item Make @kbd{/} electric

  So that it automatically expands and corrects pathnames.  Or make
  pathname completion for Pcomplete auto-expand @samp{/u/i/std@key{TAB}} to
  @samp{/usr/include/std@key{TAB}}.

The entry is pretty brief, so I'm not sure exactly how it would be expected to work in all cases, but it might be some food for thought. If nothing else, it'd probably be worth removing (or updating?) that entry.

- Jim