Question about scrolling behavior (succesfully continuous scroll in doc-

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Question about scrolling behavior (succesfully continuous scroll in doc-view)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:47:36 +0200

As I realized that implementing continuous scrolling in doc-view, with the condition that it is only
available after all pages have been converted, would not be much work, I have implemented it in
doc-view now.

However, I have two questions:

1. The scrolling works perfectly fine on Spacemacs, but when using `emacs -Q`,
then scrolling forward does not go smoothly, but it makes 'larger' jumps instead.
Scrolling up works perfectly fine though.

So as it works alright on Spacemacs, I am quite sure this is due to some simple scrolling configuration setting. I am hoping that you might have an idea what configuration variable is
responsible. On Spacemacs scrolling forward looks as smooth as scrolling backward.

2. The second question I have asked already yesterday. It can be found here.

You can simply test the continuous scrolling by first loading `image-roll.el` and then load `doc-view.el` (both attached here). Then open some document (pdf or djvu; epub works fine also, but
for some reason it does not scroll smoothly and makes jumps instead).
Now wait until ALL pages have been converted (you can see the counter in the mode line), and
when done, then activate `doc-view-continuous-scroll-minor-mode`.

Use the arrows to scroll down (not smooth) and up (smooth). My question is if you know why
starting form emacs -Q, scroling down does not go smoothly (while it does on Spacemacs).

I have not yet implemented the required logic for 'deactivation' of the minor mode.
Also, I have not yet taken care of the edge cases (scrolling to first and last page).