Re: windows Emacs-version issue

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: windows Emacs-version issue
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 17:24:33 -0400

> That said, I'm open to discussing new/additional conventions for
> naming that signify when the build occurred within the filenames if
> people generally thing that is helpful -- personally, I'd tend to find
> it confusing: I'd expect to find only one set of binaries for a given
> version (notwithstanding the new set that includes debug symbols, of
> course)..

I don't think there's much point in indicating the date when the build
occurred, but we should try to follow the principle that we never
*change* a file.  So when a new build is made to fix a problem, it
should be uploaded under a new name (the previous file can be removed).

How the new name is generated doesn't matter too much, so just try and
find something that won't bring up too many questions or confusion.
I've often seen "-N"  being used for that, so it could be
`emacs-28.1-2.zip` or `emacs-28.1-build2.zip`.

        Stefan