Re: master 5743b74d4b 1/2: Improve mouse dragging

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 5743b74d4b 1/2: Improve mouse dragging
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 16:12:10 +0300

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 21:02:10 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Why are they not respected?  I see the correct colors in the tooltips
> > in Emacs 28, so it does seem to work.  What am I missing?
>
> We used to use `tooltip-show' directly in Emacs 28, but that function
> modifies the text properties of `text-tooltip', which caused mouse
> dragging to drag along some undesirable text properties.

"Used to use"?  And now we don't?  But your changes are in
tooltip-show, so if we don't use it anymore, why the changes?

Could you possibly post a more detailed response, one which would
explain that change starting from how this stuff behaves in Emacs 28
and why we needed to change it in Emacs 29, without omitting any
crucial details?