Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:57:36 +0100

Apologies: I replied off-list by mistake.  Here is my reply:

On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 10:12, Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo wrote:
> Thank you! I'll take a look. Does it allow you to send emails with
> smtpmail too?

Supposedly but I have not tried this yet.  I will have to soon, mind
you, as our Exchange server will be requiring multi-factor
authentication for SMTP as well in a little while.

> Would you mind sharing your gnus/smtpmail setup after davmail is
> running?

I have this as one of my mail-sources:

(list 'pop
      :server "localhost"
      :user "my exchange user id"
      :port 1110)

I use pop to retrieve the email from the Exchange server.  The port is
for davmail on the localhost, as noted in the instructions.

I then have

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "outlook"
              (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-notmuch
                                  (remove-prefix "/home/ucecesf/Mail")
                                  (config-file "/home/ucecesf/.notmuch-config")
                                  )
              (get-new-mail t))
     ...))

This is all I had to do.

HTH,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-05-10) on Debian 11.3