Re: plz -> curl?

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: plz -> curl?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:22:10 -0500

On Tue, May 17 2022, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> It's always easy to retrospectively decide which package should have
> which name (after the dust has settled and one of the contenders for a
> given name has accrued a decisive advantage), but backward
> compatibility as well as the need to choose a name before the dust has
> settled (which can take a very long time) mean that non-obvious names
> are here to stay.

By now for some years I have been the maintainer of the Insidious Big
Brother Database (aka BBDB).  But before that I was rather clueless
what it was doing and how it could possibly be useful at all.  The term
"Insidious Big Brother Database (aka BBDB)" did not help me much.
Sad enough, overhauling the documentation of BBDB that could help
newcomers is one of the biggest pieces that are still missing.