Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - design

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - design
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 18:59:17 +0000

Great to see another survey being organised!  Looking through the
questions I'd like to note the following:

- Add "College" to who introduced someone to Emacs
- Add NonGNU ELPA to the package repositories
- The list of favourite packages should not mandatory
- The built-in themes should be added to the theme list
- The terminal emulator question should be rephrased "how do you use a
  shell within emacs", though this is nit-picking
- Email clients should also have Rmail, Mew and MH
- Perhaps a question on what spell checking programmes are used
- I think adding vundo to the undo package list would be nice (points
  like these should also be presented with some explanation, because I
  can imagine a lot of users don't even know about these packages to
  begin with)
- A general comment on the "My framework/starter kit's default".  Will
  you be able to infer what they use, from the framework or is this just
  a vauge option?
- Perhaps mention fido-mode in the "selection" package
- Are the "gender" and "nationality" questions necessary?  I can imagine
  that the former one can cause a lot of complaints (especially when
  there is no "I'd prefer not to say") option.
- Are the "other" option plain text fields or a kind of "none of the above"?